You can create a new Article in Administration under Article – New Article. The Article mask is divided into three steps (pages):
- Edit an Article.
- Assign Articles to categories.
- Assign an image to an Article.
Edit an Article
In this mask you can enter the master data of the Article. At minimum this must include the following information:
- Article no.: Identification number assigned by the shop operator
- Name: Designation of this Article in all languages
- Price: Article selling price
The Article no. is not used by the shop system and can be freely defined by you. For example, this can be a useful way to record a retailer’s own Article code.
The manufacturer information is an additional module and enables the Articles to be assigned to a manufacturer as well as to a category.
Find out more in the module instructions
The search prioritization describes the importance of the Article for the search ad. Number 1 has the highest priority, 9 is normal and higher values than this describe lower priority Articles.
The positioning describes the importance of the Article for the display in the Article list. The lower the number, the higher the priority. Number 1 has the highest priority, 9 is normal and higher values than this describe lower priority Articles.
You can find more about Article and feature sorting here.
In the name you can enter the product name in all active languages. This is used as the title in the Article listing and in the detailed view of the Article.
In the description field you can give the customer an overview of the Article. The stored text is displayed in the Article detail view. You also have the option of giving the text in html format.
For example, you can also embed YouTube videos in the Article description:
If you have activated the two-level Article display, the short description is displayed in the Article listing. If you don’t fill in this field, it simply takes the beginning of the Article description.
SEO title and description are generated automatically. By deactivating the checkbox you can set the SEO fields yourself.
If you want to determine the SEO fields yourself, uncheck the box and the SEO title and SEO description fields appear. You will also see the search result estimate directly.
Link / Article details
Here you have the option of providing further information about the Article via a link or uploading a document.
You can define a VAT rate per Article or category. You can define the VAT in the Settings menu. You can determine whether the price is calculated including or excluding in the general settings under Shop operator / VAT.
Here you can set the price of the Article. You can set further price details such as a price scale in the mass changes.
You can determine a promotional price for the Article in CHF as a percentage. You can also specify the duration of the action in the ‘Promo from / Promo to’ fields.
Live from / Live until
In these two fields you determine from when and until when an Article is live in the online shop.
The weight is relevant for the system for calculating shipping cost. The field is only visible if the calculation of shipping costs by weight has been selected.
This checkbox determines whether this Article should be listed in the Article promotion category or not. However, the promo category must first be created in the category management. And you can specify in the “Upload Shopbuttons” menu which graphic should be used to highlight a promo Article. Promotion does not affect the price in any way. You can also combine the status promo with a price promotion.
Manual cross-selling is implemented by setting optional Articles. You can configure Article recommendations, for example to display appropriate accessories immediately.
Here you specify the delivery unit with which this Article can be purchased in the system. A delivery unit of 0 is the default. If numbers are entered here, that number and multiples thereof can be purchased but not smaller units.
By linking the sub-Articles with parent Articles, several Articles can be combined into one Article group.
More on this in the Instructions.
If the inventory management is available and switched on, you can configure four Articles for the inventory of this Article at the bottom of the Article input mask:
- Stock : Current Article stock in the warehouse.
- Minimum storage quantity: If stock falls below the quantity specified here, PepperShop can issue an alert to the administrator.
- Available in: Information for the customer as to when this Article should be available again (for Articles that are currently not in stock).
- Stock behavior: What the shop shall do if this Article is no longer in stock:
- available without restrictions (continuing as if it was still in stock)
- can be reordered: Tell the customer that the Article will be reordered (optionally with ‘Available by’ information) or
- tells the customer that the Article will not be reordered: Article will no longer be displayed if it is no longer in stock. In this way, for example, unique Articles can be created in the shop.
Detailed instructions can be found here:
Now you can continue.
In order to be able to enter similar Articles more quickly, the Article processing mask has been expanded to include the Save As New function (button at the bottom of the input mask). If you click on this button, the Article previously opened for editing is created as a new Article with the values adjusted.
Assign Articles to categories
Now you can assign the Article to one or more categories.
To create a new category, follow these Instructions.
Assign Article image
In the last step, you can assign one or more Article images to the Article.
Do you need further support? PepperShop provides you with different options.
- Often a click in the administration on the top right on the question mark icon helps. Here you can get direct help on the relevant topic.
- Various answers can be found in the FAQ. These can also be called up in the shop administration via Help&News -> Help archive. Or via our homepage https://www.peppershop.com/de/services/support/faq/
- You can also search or ask your question in the PepperShop Forum. https://www.peppershop.com/forum/
- We are also available to you by email or phone (CHF 185./h) firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 71 923 08 58