Worldline is one of the most widely available payment Service Providers and Acquirers in Switzerland and Germany. An almost unlimited number of electronic forms of payment and credit cards can now be integrated into PepperShop.
Firstly, install the module “Saferpay JSON Business” in your Shop Administration under ‘Modules/Module Management’. You will now find the installed module in ‘Modules’. Click on it,activate the module with a tick and then select “Produktiv Account”:
Now go to the Registration Mask Saferpay Back Office of Worldline. Enter the access data, which you will have received in advance by mail.
On your first login to the Saferpay Back Office you will be asked to change your password. Firstly enter the password you were given previously, and then enter the new password of your choice twice. Please note that passwords will only be accepted when they meet the following safety criteria: the password must be at least eight characters long, must include both upper and lower case letters, and must contain at least one number or special symbol.
Connect Shop with Saferpay
You will require an API Key in order to connect your Shop with your Saferpay Back Office account. To obtain this, log into your Saferpay Back Office account. Then go to the option “Settings” and select “JSON API Basic Authentication”:
Now generate a new password so that an API address can be created. This must comprise at least 16 characters, one up and one lowercase letter, and one number or special symbol. Make a note of your password, it will not be shown again. At the same time you can enter a short description, for example the name of your shop. If the Login Mask does not open automatically, click on “Create new JSON API Log in”.
You now must enter your newly generated API address (username) and the password you created earlier into the Shop Administration in the module “Saferpay JSON Business”:
As well as the API Key and password, the Terminal ID will be needed. To obtain the Terminal ID, go back into your Saferpay Back Office Account. In “Settings” click on “Payment methods / terminals”.
You will find your terminal ID in the box with the red outline:
Add the terminal ID to your Shop Administration in the module “Saferpay JSON Business”:
Finally complete the configuration by clicking “Save” at the bottom of the page.
After login you are in the dashboard. Now click on ‘Transactions’.
- The Transactions section contains all the operations for processing it.
- The journal shows the pending transactions.
- Click on ‘Details’ to select a transaction. There you can:
- view details
- in case of reservation: book, correct down or cancel. The transaction is processed with the next day-end closing and forwarded to the acquirer. This is done each night.
- when booking: Based on the card details, trigger a new credit note or reservation.
- After a day-end closing, the pending (not yet processed) postings are released for processing by the acquirer.
- Info 1: Reservations must first be converted into bookings before they can be handed over with the daily closing.
- Info 2: The daily closing can be automated, see point 6.
- credit notes can be used to credit partial or full amounts back to customers’ cards (or other credit cards).
- In the menu item ‘Administration’ you can see a list of the accounts set up under ‘Terminals’. Here you can assign your own account name and control the automatic day-end closing. If you have delivered bookings (and not reservations) and activated the automatic daily closing, you only need to go to the Saferpay back office to make credit notes or checks.
- By clicking on ‘Online Support’ and ‘Documents’ you will find the Backoffice User Manual at the bottom of the page.
Reservation or booking?
The PepperShop can be configured so that credit card financial transactions to Worldline are recorded as reservations of the amount or directly as bookings.
If reservations are selected, they must still be manually converted into bookings in the Saferpay back office. But you can still correct the amount downwards here. This always makes sense if there are still changes to the articles after the order has been received, e.g. if certain articles are not in stock.
If bookings are delivered, a daily settlement must be made within 48 hours. So if this is not done automatically, you are responsible for it yourself. If this deadline is not met, Worldline will charge a so-called late presentment fee, the amount of which is approximately 0.5% of the financial transaction amount.