For a long time now, social media has meant more than just posting, liking and sharing. The Facebook shop has been available in Switzerland since 2018. The aim is for companies to offer and sell their products directly via Facebook without the buyers having to switch to an external online shop.
How do you get your products into the Facebook shop? With the Facebook Shopping module, you can easily link the products from your online shop to your Facebook and Instagram account - conveniently and quickly.
You need the following to operate the Facebook Shopping module:
- PepperShop version 8
- Private Facebook account
- Facebook Business
The purchase or sale of the following products is prohibited on Facebook, Instagram udn WhatsApp:
- Community standards
- Adult products
- Body parts and fluids
- Digital media and electronic devices
- Documents, currencies and financial instruments
- Hazardous materials
- Human exploitation and sexual services
- Food supplements to be taken
- Medical and health products
- Misleading, glorifying violence, or containing hateful material
- No items for sale
- Prescription products, drugs and related accessories
- Products with blatant sexual orientation
- Recalled products
- Stolen goods
- Subscriptions and digital products
- Infringement of third party rights
- Tobacco products and related accessories
- Weapons, ammunition and explosives
In addition, the following products are restricted for sale:
- Event or admission tickets
- Gift and discount vouchers
More information can be found here.
Configuring the module
The configuration of this module is divided into two main parts:
- Part 1: Module configuration in the PepperShop shop administration
- Part 2: Configuration in the Facebook Catalog Manager
Configuration part 1: module configuration
** Activation: ** Activate the module here to use it.
** Login: ** If you activate * Login *, you have the option to protect your data feed (products) with a user name and password.
** Use promotional price: ** If certain items in your range have a promotional price, this promotional price will be transmitted to Facebook Shopping.
** Links: ** Here you will find the data feed in the form of a link. This link contains all of your articles in the PepperShop with the necessary information. If you have activated several languages on the customer side, the link appears in all activated languages. Copy this link.
The first part of the configuration is now complete. Save.
Configuration Part 2: Configuration in the Facebook Catalog Manager
The second part of the module configuration takes place at [Facebook Business] (https://business.facebook.com/). First make sure that you have a Facebook Business account for your company / online shop before you start with the following points.
- Now go to your [Facebook Business Account] (https://business.facebook.com/)
- Open * Business Manager * (1) (top left) and click on * Catalog Manager * (2)
- If you do not yet have a product catalog, create a new one by clicking on * Create catalog *.
- Choose the category that best describes your company. (In most cases, online shop operators should choose * eCommerce *)
- Select * Upload product information * (1), determine the owner of the catalog (2) and give your catalog a description (internal, only visible to you) (3). Now create the catalog (4)
- The catalog has now been created. Now you can view the catalog.
- The catalog has now been created successfully. This step is about filling the catalog with your products from the PepperShop. To do this, click on * Product data sources * (1) in the left menu column and then on the right on * Add products * (2).
- Now select the way in which your products should be submitted to the catalog. Select * Use data feeds here *.
- In this step, select the upload option * Scheduled Feed *. This option is recommended if your products and the associated product information (e.g. price, description, description, etc.) change frequently. This option allows you to set a schedule to automatically resubmit your products to Facebook Shopping hourly, daily or weekly.
- Now insert the data feed URL from the PepperShop here. Username and password are optional.
- Create an automated upload schedule for your feed. Choose whether to update the products hourly, daily, or weekly. It is also highly recommended that you activate the * automatic update *. In this way, your products are updated with every change.
- Name the feed so that you can easily identify it later (1). Then set the default currency (2) and upload the feed.
- The feed was successfully uploaded. In our example, 56 of the total of 67 products were successfully uploaded. 11 products could not be uploaded due to the missing item image.
- Now click on Products in the left menu column. There your uploaded products from the PepperShop are now displayed with all the relevant product information. (Tip: If the products are not displayed immediately, reload the browser briefly)